Peel & Stick Tiles Tips, Tricks & Tutorials!
If you are looking to upgrade and use our peel & stick tiles in your project you will find all you need to know below!
Tips, Tricks & Video Tutorials!
Helpful things to know!
- Did you know your premium peel & stick tiles can be reused?! (Remove the tiles gently, add some adhesive strips & re apply!).
- Make sure your area is flat, free of any dirt & grime before applying (if you apply on top of grime the adhesive may not bond with your surface, uneven surfaces may cause the tiles not to stay adhered)
- A pair of scissors, ruler & a squeegee will be your best friend during application!
- Each tile needs to be applied as close together as possible so that no water / grime gets underneath!
- Our vinyl rolls & peel & stick tiles are totally different, make sure you try samples first so you can see which you would prefer to use in your project! Colours may vary across both products.
- Our peel & stick tiles will work best if they are room temperature before applying & removing!
- Our premium peel & stick tiles have a super hard-wearing, protective, water resistant & anti slip laminate making them great in heavy traffic areas!
- The premium peel & stick tiles are much thicker than our standard vinyl rolls & made with a totally new material! Vinyl rolls are around 0.5mm thick & our peel & stick tiles are around 2mm thick!
- Each peel & stick tile measures 30 x 30 cm making application super easy as you are working in smaller sections.
- Keep in mind our products are not ceramic coated and there is the possibility of acidic food/sauces staining, to help avoid this as much as possible please clean spillage as soon as it happens.
- If you are planning to use the tiles on a very uneven surface please test a sample first to ensure it sticks well. (a hairdryer will help warm up the adhesive & bond the two materials together) If you are concerned that your surface is to uneven we advise to add a hardboard underlay first.
- Once applied, the peel & stick tiles need time to bond to the surface underneath, try constantly walking or putting pressure on them for a while.
- Extra adhesive / grout can be applied for a permanent fix with our tiles! Although if using in areas with high moisture, silicone is necessary around any adjoining walls to keep them long lasting! (this can be removable silicone if you rent!)